HMD Global has announced the price of the all-new Nokia 3310 reincarnation, and it’s a lot better than you’d think.
At just R699, it’s a steal, providing internet, a colour screen, a basic 2MP camera and three vibrant colour schemes. HMD Global has confirmed that the recommended retail price will be R749,00.
According to its manufacturer, HMD Global, the new device has even better battery performance that the legendary original – despite its new array of features!
The company promises standby times of 31 days, with 22,1 hours of talk time and 51 hours of MP3 playback.
Its design is a genuine hark back to the original, but the new model has totally outdone its predecessor. Just last week, the new 3310 went on sale in the UK. In an impressive display of popularity and pedigree, it sold out immediately.
"We’ve worked really hard with our teams around the world to bring together world class manufacturers, operating systems and technology partners," says HMD's SA General Manager, Shaun Durandt, "enabling us to proudly start sales of the Nokia 3310, a classic reimagined.”
Oh, and in case you were wondering: yes, it does come with Snake installed – albeit an updated version.
Here's the full list of specifications:
- System: Dual band 900/1800 MHz
- Available in dual SIM variants (microSIM)
- Software platform: Nokia Series 30+
- Dimensions: 115.6 x 51.0 x 12.8mm
- Weight: 79.6 g (including battery)
- Display: 2.4’’ curved window colour QVGA (240*320)
- Connectivity: micro USB, 3.5mm AV connector
Bluetooth 3.0 with SLAM
- Camera: 2Mpxl camera with LED flash
- MicroSD card support up to 32GB*
- LED torchlight