With mobile technology moving at a frightening pace, it’s easy for some people to get out of touch and fall behind, getting stuck using older technology.
WhatsApp is one of the world’s most popular messaging services, with more than a billion active users. Unfortunately, some of those users own old Nokia and Blackberry devices, and for these individuals, the end is nigh.
That’s according to MyBroadBand, which reports that WhatsApp has updated its FAQ section with the latest operating system cut-off dates.
According to the WhatsApp website, six systems will be culled by the end of 2020. Unfortunately for you, four of them will die this year.
Here’s the full list:
- Nokia Symbian S60 – 30 June 2017
- Nokia S40 – 31 December 2018
- BlackBerry OS – 31 December 2017
- BlackBerry 10 – 31 December 2017
- Windows Phone 8.0 and older – 31 December 2017
- Android versions 2.3.7 and older – 1 February 2020
If you’re using a device running one of these systems, it’s probably time to get that long-avoided upgrade. If you don’t, you’ll become an instant-messaging casualty of progress!